God’s Grace Superabounds In Your Weakness!

(Ome: Hey Beloveds!

I’m here with the verses and what I caught from Pastor’s sermon last week.

Beloveds, the kingdom of God operates on a different way from the world. The world glorifies the strong, the smart, the popular, the talented. God’s kingdom operates on demerit. The more demerit you have, the more God’s grace can flow. So be encouraged, in your weakness, His strength is made perfect. Don’t be discourage if you are going through something, because God’s grace is going to flow into that situation. I know, because I am currently facing a giant in my FYP. Let us depend on His superabounding grace. Amen?

Have a blessed holiday week!)

4 December Sunday Service

Preached by Pastor Prince

2nd Service

Verses from the sermon:

Romans 6:1-2

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

Romans 3:8

8And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?–as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.

Romans 5:19-21

19For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous. 20Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

9And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Samuel 15:16-17

16Then Samuel said to Saul, “Be quiet! And I will tell you what the LORD said to me last night.” And he said to him, “Speak on.” 17So Samuel said, “When you were little in your own eyes, were you not head of the tribes of Israel? And did not the LORD anoint you king over Israel?

1 Samuel 10:21-23

21When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family of Matri was chosen. And Saul the son of Kish was chosen. But when they sought him, he could not be found. 22Therefore they inquired of the LORD further, “Has the man come here yet?” And the LORD answered, “There he is, hidden among the equipment.” 23So they ran and brought him from there; and when he stood among the people, he was taller than any of the people from his shoulders upward.

Matthew 1:1-6

1The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham: 2Abraham begot Isaac, Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot Judah and his brothers. 3Judah begot Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez begot Hezron, and Hezron begot Ram. 4Ram begot Amminadab, Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmon. 5Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab, Boaz begot Obed by Ruth, Obed begot Jesse, 6and Jesse begot David the king. David the king begot Solomon by her who had been the wife of Uriah.

Key take-home points:

  • Your past does not determine your future. In the genealogy of Jesus Christ in the opening of the book of Matthew, we saw four women mentioned in the genealogy: Tamer, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba. If you study the lives of these four women, they had a questionable background in one way or another. Tamar committed adultery with Judah, and God used the boy to be part of the line of Jesus Christ. (To think that one of Jesus’ ancestors was born out of adultery. *gasps!*) Rahab was a prostitute. Bathsheba was involved in an adulterous relationship, and yet God chose a boy from her to be part of the line of Jesus Christ. Ruth was a virtuous woman, but her natural birth disqualified her, as she was a Moabite. (Deu 23:3) Of all the women, God chose to mention these four in the genealogy of His Son. What is He saying? Your past does not determine your future. It doesn’t matter what mistakes you have committed. Heaven, it doesn’t even matter if you are born wrong. God says, if you will choose to put your trust in Him, He can make your life beautiful.
  • God’s best for His children is that you walk by faith. However, if you cannot walk by faith just yet, this is how you can figure out what God is doing: use your eyes to see the natural, see the areas in your life that are under attack by the devil. Those are the areas that God’s grace is being released in, and His grace is much more than the evil that is attacking your life now. You see, God does not play catch-up. God is the One who initiates the good work in your life. The devil’s attack is an attempt (a lousy one) to stop what God is doing in your life. He hopes for you to say the wrong things, and by your word, stop God’s grace in your life. So what do you do? Believe that God’s grace is flowing in the area of your life under attack, and declare it. Don’t say the wrong things, the devil doesn’t know you’re fearful unless you say it, and if you say, “the Lord is my helper, I shall not fear, what can man do to me?” He goes bonkers!
  • Okay, a doctrinal point for you to help answer your friend biblically. A common accusation leveled against grace is that Paul is, since where sin abounds, grace superabounds, should we sin that grace may abound? Won’t teaching grace encourage people to sin? Paul’s answer is not a prohibition (“No, don’t sin!” or “No, you should not sin!”) but a declaration of impossibility. Paul made a statement of fact that it is impossible for a truly born-again believer to continue in sin. It’s simply impossible. How do you explain a Christian who lives in sin and feels no remorse then? Chances are, 10% chance his believing is very wrong, and he’s not under grace, because if he’s truly under grace, sin will not have dominion over him, and 90% chance he wasn’t saved in the first place. Coming to church doesn’t make him a Christian anymore than going to a McD’s make him a big Mac. He has to make a personal decision to receive Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. Another common accusation leveled against Paul is that Paul is teaching let us do evil that good may come. Now, doing evil that good may come is plain stupidity. It’s like saying let’s get cancer to enjoy the cure. It’s plain stupidity, and Paul didn’t teach that. He taught that if there is bad, God will bring good out of it. He works all things, good, bad and ugly, out for the good of His children. While we’re here, allow me to add also, that God is not the One behind the bad or the ugly in your life, but He is gonna work them out for your good and to the glory of Jesus!